The Young Community Innovators-YCI program in Tamale by Centre for Social Innovations -CSI in collaboration with the Hopin Academy provides students, graduates and community entrepreneurs with the right tools, knowledge and motivation to help them identify, design and implement creative solutions to community issues. With the help of our community innovation toolkit based on asset-based community and design thinking approaches, Young Community Innovators collaborate with community members to explore opportunities for creatively addressing issues in sanitation, safety, land degradation, poor infrastructure, falling standards of education and many others using local assets and resources. The YCI inTamale will is a five day program consisting of 2 days for orientation to design thinking and asset based community development approaches at Hopin Academy and 3 days in nearby community for engagement with members to innovate around challenges.
The Young Community Innovators program has been designed to achieve the following:
1. Build a community of innovators to be supported through coaching, mentorship and linkage to different sources of support.
2. Make available to young people various tools for creating solutions and to provide them with the space to experience
how these solutions work in the real-world to transform lives
3. Support Community Innovators to take their ideas to the marketplace for implementation and growth
4. To help solve the growing menace of youth unemployment and its accompanying challenges in fighting crime, poverty
5. To help groom a new generation of responsible, engaged and ethical leaders to change the world for good.
Program Date: October 24-28, 2017
Venue: Hopin Academy, Tamale
Time: 9am daily
Side attraction: Field experiences on approaches, refreshments and certificates after completion.
Kindly register here