Internship – Program Development and Social Media Positions
If you are looking for a dynamic social innovation and entrepreneurial environment in which to experience the work of a fast growing Ghanaian social enterprise, CSI Ghana is the right choice for you. Centre for Social Innovations – CSI is a nonprofit social enterprise with pan-African and international reach. By working with us you will be able to learn all aspects of our organization in and out, diversifying your skill and expertise by participating in new and innovative projects. You will explore your talents and skills expand your professional career, and have a lasting impact.
- Development — Support CSI Ghana’s programs, services, partnership and fundraising strategy: crowdfunding, grant applications, corporate sponsorship and partnerships.
- Database and website management — Build and maintain existing systems for newsletter subscribers using tools like MailChimp, SalesForce and Virtual Response. Also ensure the website and related social media pages are kept up to date.
- Strategy and social media management — Lead the organization’s principal social media strategy, setting clear goals that will support CSI Ghana campaign efforts as well as telling the organization’s story and impact. This includes implementing program impact chronicles and partner spotlight series.
- Innovation — Know best practices and be abreast with social innovation, but also innovate and experiment with new ways of using social media networks to make an impact.
- Analytic — Manage systems to monitor activity across our social media channels, assess our impact, and evaluate the success of our strategy; regularly update other staff about our performance.
- Quality control and risk management — Support the development and implementation of systems to prevent distribution of content that is inaccurate, inappropriate, or poses a reputation risk
- We want technologically savvy candidates with the ability for collaborative as well as independent work
- Candidates must be located in Kumasi, Ghana or willing to relocate at own cost
- Nonprofit/social enterprise experience, and experience in a domestic or international volunteer service program will be an asset
- Must have a personal computer
- Must be able to commit at least 20 hours a week
How to apply
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume email@example.com. Please state the following in the subject line: <Your Name and the position you are applying>. Your cover letter should include the start and end dates and hours you are available to work. We have multiple ongoing projects so we are very interested in candidates who can start as soon as possible.